- 4 medium russet or Idaho potatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped mushrooms
- a handful of pepperoni slices, sliced thin and then chopped
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (or more, depending on your preference)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Poke holes in potatoes with a fork and bake for about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Once cool, slice around the inside of the potato and scoop out the flesh, be careful not to poke holes in the bottom (it’s okay if you do – it happens!). Put scooped potatoes in a bowl and mix with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons each of peppers, mushrooms and pepperoni. Mix well. Scoop mixture back into potatoes and spoon pizza sauce over top. Add more toppings and cheese. Bake for 10-15 more minutes.