for crust :
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan with nonstick spray, then add powdered sugar and shake to cover and coat the bottom. In a bowl, add melted butter and graham crumbs together and mix with a spoon until all of the crumbs are moistened. Press into the pan and set in the freezer while you make the middle layer.
for chocolate layer :
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces of chocolate, chopped (I used Lindt)
- Combine cream and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on medium power for 45 seconds, then remove and stir. Heat again on medium power for 30 seconds, and stir. Continue to stir until chocolate is melted. If needed, microwave 1-2 more times but only in 30 second increments. Ideally you want to stir the chocolate into the cream. Once the chocolate is smooth, remove pan from freezer and pour chocolate evenly over the top. Refrigerate or freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
- To assemble the bars, cut marshmallows into desired size. You can cut and entire 8 x 8 square to fit over top, or you can cut squares like I did for separate bars. You can either refrigerate or freeze the crust and ganache – it is your preference. Freezing will result in an obvious almost frozen texture. Refrigerating will make for a “messier” bar that requires eating it with a fork. You can use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallow or just leave them plain. I assume that you can also deviate from the “no-bake” bar and stick them under the broiler for a few minutes to toast.